Recording studio equipment packages are useful especially for beginners since to make every studio equipment to work together might be a challenge. Furthermore, it is usually cheaper since you buy a lot at once.
What do recording studio equipment packages include?
This is essential for a home recording studio. It connects music instruments through input to the computer. Studio monitors are connected with the audio interface as well.
In music production, without a microphone, you will not get along, especially if you are planning to record vocals to your songs. Furthermore, there will be cases when you want to record a certain sample or phrase by yourself, so it might be handy in the future.
Every music producer has headphones inside their studio. It is especially useful in the mixing phase. It is good to isolate all the background noise and to focus on hearing the clean sound of your tracks. In this environment, you can mix them properly.
As a sound engineer, it is one of the most important things to be able to hear sounds as they are. Low quality or casual consumer-based speakers are not enough for a producer because they are modified in its frequencies, so you won’t hear the real sound, and you won’t be able to make correct decisions when mixing the track.
Whether you are able to play a keyboard or not, it will be useful to you. When producing in DAW and testing sounds, plugins usually it comes down to playing around different notes to see how it sounds. Thus a keyboard will make it very handy.
Digital Audio Workstation(DAW)
This is where all the magic happens. Choosing DAW is an important decision to make since all the work is going to be made in it.
All the popular music production softwares are good enough to make a hit record. It is usually a matter of taste on how it looks visually, what built-in plugins does it have and how the interface is laid out and, of course, what capabilities of sound engineering does it contain.
To name a few popular DAWs: FL Studio, Ableton, Cubase, Logic.
Cheap and basic recording studio equipment packages
Cheap packages are a best fit for beginners. It offers all the essential capabilities to start making and recording music without breaking your bank.
This is what I would personally go with. M-Audio is a high quality and respectable brand in the music industry. And this package has everything you would need.
What is included:
- M-Audio M-Track 2×2 C-Series Audio interface
- M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3 MIDI Keyboard
- Nova Black Condenser Microphone
- HDH40 Headphones
- PreSonus Eris 3.5(Pair) Studio Monitors
- Digital Audio Workstations: Steinberg Cubase LE, Ableton Live Lite, ProTools First
Total Price: $399.00
PreSonus AudioBox Studio Ultimate Bundle Complete Hardware/Software Recording Kit with Studio Monitors
What is included:
- Audio Box USB 96 audio interface with cable
- Eris E3.5 compact, 2-way, active studio monitors
- HD7 studio monitoring headphones
- M7 studio condenser microphone with cable
- Studio One 4 digital audio workstation
Total Price: $303.44
Suggestions for package improvement:
- Low budget 49 keys MIDI keyboard. Or you can get this PreSonus bundle with the MIDI keyboard included.
- With Studio One 4, you might have a bad time getting VSTs and sounds to work. In order to avoid that I recommend buying FL Studio Producer Edition. The more popular DAW, the better, since there will be more plugins, sounds, and tutorials that will allow you to move forward towards music producer career.
Customized Cheap Recording Studio Equipment Package
I’ve analyzed most of the music production products in the market and tried to beat the price of bundled packages
If to go as cheap as possible, this bundle should do it:
- Audio Interface
BEHRINGER Audio Interface, 1x XLR/TRS 1x 1/4″ 2X RCA USB, Black, 1-Channel (UM2) $39.99
ZINGYOU Condenser Microphone Bundle, BM-800 Mic Kit $34.98
AKG Pro Audio AKB K92 CLOSED-BACK HEADPHONES $49.00
- Studio Monitors
Presonus Eris E3.5-3.5″ $99.95
- MIDI Keyboard
Midiplus, 32-Key Midi Controller $34.36
- Digital Audio Workstation
Total Price: $318.28
Customized High-Quality Recording Studio Equipment Package
This package is for music producers who are seeking higher quality gear. If you have a budget and you are willing to become a professional music producer make sure to consider trusted brand products.
- It will last longer
- You will be able to achieve better quality results
This is my personal pick on a complete package. It might be more costly, but this will enable us to make high-quality tracks right of the bat.
- AKG Pro Audio K712 PRO Over-Ear Open Reference Studio Headphones
- Shure PGA27-LC Large-Diaphragm Side-Address Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- Yamaha HS8 Powered Studio Monitor Pair Bundle
- Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol A61 Controller Keyboard
- Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 USB Audio Interface with Recording, DJ, Synth, and Production Software
- Steinberg Cubase Pro 10 Music Production Software
That’s all for now.
In this article, I’ve tried to disclose what does recording studio equipment package should include. Moreover, I’ve done research in order to find out the cheapest options for these packages. In addition to that, I’ve bundles my own packages in order to make up the cheapest alternative.
Keep in mind that there is no bad decision if that decision has a purpose behind it, so be clear about where you see yourself in this investment.
Actually, at this moment, I think you can do it yourself if you want to since you know what should be included and what characteristics to look for.
Good luck in your home studio purchases and have a great day 🙂
Thank you for your reading. Join the conversation by posting a comment.