What Is UAD?
UAD(Universal Audio) are the pioneers at audio recording. This company was found back in 1958 and is still rocking today. They are known due to their dedication to analog audio gear and stunning quality. This brand provides leading quality products. UAD Plugins were winning over audio engineers and been a standard gear in professional studios for over 15+ years.
The Best UAD Plugins
- Fender 55 Tweed Deluxe Plug-in
- UA 175B & 176 Tube Compressor Collection
- Capitol Chambers
- Neve Preamp
- Moog Multimode Filter Collection
- Pure Plate Reverb
- API 2500 Bus Compressor
- Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor
- SSL 4000 Series Console Bundle
One of the greatest guitar amplifiers on the market for a reasonable price. UAD developed this plugin for a few years and this vst is promoted by Fender Musical Instruments .
Fender 55 Tweed Deluxe features:
- Authentic simulation of a 1955 Fender Amplifier with zero latency
- Adjust the amp tones with different microphones and placements without having any phase issues
Price: 99,00 €
The 176 tube compressor was first released in the 1960s. This is an upgraded version by UAD. This compressor collection gives warmness and richness to the sound. Furthermore, it is a tube type compressor, thus it can give a similar sound as a fairchild compressor does.
UA 175B & 176 Tube Compressor features
- Mix with Bill Putnam style compressor
- Control dynamics with 2:1, 4:1, 8:1, 12:1 ratios
- Gives vintage tube character to the sound
- Dry/Wet parallel processing + customizable headroom
- Tube amplifier has rich harmonics
- Artist presets included(U2, Bruce Springsteen, Kings of Leon and many others)
Price: 149,00 €
UAD did a really good job modeling Capitol Studios echo chambers, which are one of the best sounding echo chambers studios in the world.
Capitol Chambers features
- Authentic and the only one simulation of Capitol Studios echo chambers sound.
- Special chambers configurations created by Steve Genewick
- Incredibly intense and natural sounding reverb that fits perfectly to most of the instruments.
- Modify the sound by changing position of microphones using Dynamic Room Modeling
- Presets that was created by grammy winners Al Schmitt, Darrell Thorp, Frank Filipetti and many more
Price: 174,00 €
Amazing mic preamplifier, that reproduces thick sound and provides rich harmonics.
Neve Preamp features
- Simulation of classic class-A preamp
- Rich saturation that gives colour to the sound
- Record in real time with low digital signal processing usage
Price: 74,00 €
This multimode collection provides moog filter and sequencer. The main reason why this moog filter stands out from other regular moogs is that it sounds much more phatter, dirtier, punchier and richer.
Moog Multimode Filter features
- Add organic taste to your instruments with Moog Ladder filters
- Widen your sound spectrum and stereo with LFOs
- Ability to sequence filter sounds with four lane step sequencer
- Famous producer presets included such as Glitch Mob, Crystal Method and more
Price: 124,00 €
High quality UAD plate reverb simulation. Very easy to use and sounds fantastic. It gives an organic texture to the sound.
Pure plate reverb features:
- Natural depth recreation
- Adjust reverb tone by controlling low and high end frequencies
- Famous artist presets included: Black Eyed Peas, Prince, The Time and many others
Price: 74,00 €
Chances are you already heard that this is the one of the most popular compressors out today. The main reason behind this is that there is any other punchier compressor than this. And it fits for the most styles, whether you produce hip hop, r&b, electronic or any other genre. API 2500 bus compressor gives that effect which feels like sound is jumping out of the speakers.
API 2500 Bus Compressor features:
- Mix together stereo tracks using one of the most precise emulations of API 2500 compressor
- Thrust technology. Gives a punchy boost to low end frequencies
- Famous musician presets included(Red hot chilli peppers, Jack White and more)
Price: 149,00 €
Introduced back in 2012 and was quickly adopted by professional engineers and was a go-to compressor for all of the major studios. Besides that it looks fantastic and pleasing to work with, it is also famous due to its processing. It has two types of compression: optical and discrete that gives much more control over dynamics control.
Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor features:
- Various characteristics and tones of distortion
- 2-Stage compression: optical and discrete
- 90Hz low end frequencies sidechain filtering
Price: 149,00 €
Dbx 160 compressor is one of the most popular compressors due to the fact that it simply sounds great and is very easy to use. Dbx 160 is usually used with lower frequency instruments such as kick, snare and bass.
Dbx 160 compressor / limiter features
- Spice up the track with solid-state VCA compressor
- Provides unique texture and character to the sound
- Fat and punchy compressor which fits perfectly for bass or drums
- Creates “In your face” effect
Price: 99,00 €
SSL(Solid State Logic) was presented back in 1979. And this console brought more platinum records than any other.
UAD SSL 4000 Series Console Bundle includes 2 main collections:
SSL 4000 E Series Channel Strip Collection. It gives that punch to your drums or bass instrument. Also it has intuitive low, high frequencies cut filters.
Second plugin in this console bundle is SSL 4000 G Bus Compressor Collection. It is often used to glue tracks together or to give an extra punch to the sound.
SSL 4000 Series Console Bundle features:
- G Bus Auto Fade feature
- Very responsive Gate
- SSL E Series VCA compressor gives that “In your face” vibe
- G Bus compressor easily glues different instrumental tracks
Price: 359,00 €
We’ve covered the best UAD plugins out today. The decision behind picking this selection was the popularity and reviews of these UAD products. So there was no guessing or single person opinion, it was all about statistics and real data.
I hope you had some ideas about what UAD plugins you should get today. Have a great one!